Sunday, April 7, 2013

Aging

Not to get too introspective, but the one thing that always lets me know that I am no longer the spring chicken I am inside of my own head, is the occasional back muscle strain I experience lately.

I was doing Spring Cleaning all day yesterday, and the strain must have happened when I had my upright vacuum over my head, in order to use the hose to clean out the cobwebs from my high bathroom ceiling's corners.

I had a hard time getting comfortable falling asleep last night, and I woke up many times. Thankfully, Nick was also working today, so I scrambled to find replacements. Sitting in a chair is difficult, and the pain is so present that the television is more annoyance than distraction. I'll probably read all day...

I guess 44 is not the new 24 after all (haha)...

4 comments:

  1. Another night of lower back pain. The muscles on my left hand side are in constant 'ache mode'... No going to work again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr... Another night of pain, but at least I slept solidly for 5 hours. I'm glad I had today off, and I don't have to be at work until one pm tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked yesterday, and the only bad parts were: a) not being able to bend over and pick up anything dropped, and b) feeling real fatigue and stiffness in my gait after around 4 hours of being on my feet. Other than that, it wasn't so bad. And very nice to get out of the houes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slept almost normally last night. I was only a little stiff at work today. I feel at about 80% of my normal self, back-strain-wise...

    ReplyDelete