Friday, October 3, 2014

MQ 2014 - Six: Winn Mountain

It was dry, sunny and cool throughout my hike. I went up for 90 minutes, following the scant instructions I'd printed off the internet, but I never found the way to the summit.

It was still a very enjoyable walk, with lots of ups and downs on the untended trail. There were more horseshoe tracks than human tracks (and far too many piles of old dog crap) during the first half hour of the ascent. There were several wide open vistas with great views. There were deep dry river beds (or perhaps old wagon trails, the gullies could have been deep tracks). There were big birch trees fallen everywhere. The way back down was about an hour, though to say "up" or "down" is misleading, as a lot of the hike was in an around-the-mountain direction.

Someday I'll return with better trail information, because all of the photos I've seen of the various summit views are amazing.

Beginning of the trail up (road).

At the first open space (trail back down to right).

Approaching the steep part. Reminded me of "Lost" for some reason.

My favorite kind of tree!

On the way down...

No comments:

Post a Comment