Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Cranberries @ HoB

I worked 9 - 4 today (Friday, May 11th), and left soon after for Alewife. erik was running late, so I hopped the Red Line solo to Harvard Square, and was the first to arrive at John Harvard's for a pre-concert dinner with Jay & Erik.

I waited at the bar and had a Houblon IPA, which was probably even better than my cold-affected senses could determine properly. Jay arrived a few minutes later, and Erik wandered in around an hour later. We got a table, I had a different pale ale from their taps, and then I ordered a round of Triple Eight Cranberry Vodka shots for us, to annoint the evening's Cranberries concert later on. I had fried calamari for an appetizer and then the fish & chips for my dinner. Jay got another round of shots at one point, and we left full, and ready to listen to one of the greatest bands on Earth.

After uneventful trips down the Red and Green Lines, and a short walk past Fenway Park, we decided to get one last beer before the show at The Lansdowne Pub. I had a Harpoon IPA, we watched a bit of the Red Sox game, and then we headed over to The House of Blues to see The Cranberries.

Long story short: the show was amazing. The band threw "Linger" in right away (instead of saving it for the end). And the power block of "Schizophrenic Playboy", "Zombie" and "Salvation" was driving, hard and intense in the best way possible! What an amazing show...







No comments:

Post a Comment