Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day Three: The Mountain and The Guitar

Most of today passed by pretty unfocused. But I decided around halftime of the Patriots' sorry loss to the Cardinals that I would hike up Mount Wachusett, and kickstart the rest of "Mountain Quest 2012". I decided to go up via the West Side Trail as far as I could, and then finish with the Indian Head Trail. I got to break in my new hiking boots (resulting in a blood blister on the outside of my left big toe), and my new iPod nano as well (my descent was accompanied by the amazing album "All My Lovely Goners" by Winterpills). It took me an hour to ascend, and about 45 minutes to get back down, with a ten minute break at the somewhat crowded summit. I arrived at the top to find the new watch tower finally completed, which was cool, but the overly-loud 'expert' pointing out & naming all of the surrounding peaks to his companion was most definitely not. It was a great day.







When I got home, I ate the half chicken, corn bread and mac & cheese I picked up from Boston Market (now I know why I haven't gotten food there since 1999: lame service, and the rotisserie chicken at Hannaford blows BM's away!). Then it was "Date Night" (Carrell & Fey) and "The Great Food Truck Race", before breaking out my guitar to retune it, and mess around with it for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment