Monday, April 28, 2014

Tavern

I headed over to Tavern in the Square last night to hang with my friends from Brookstone, after stopping in at the store to see who was working. I got to hang out with Tommy, Nick and Kevin for a bit (walking into the store was like visiting one's old elementary school classroom while in high school - it looked a LOT smaller than I remembered). Then at 6:30 it was over to the restaurant.

Mike & Cody were in the parking lot, so the three of us went in, grabbed two booths (we wound up only needing one, but better safe than sorry), and had a round and two appetizers between us. We got cheese & bacon waffle fries and a calamari to share, and I got a tall Harpoon IPA.

The other guys arrived an hour later and we all got dinner and hung out until around ten. What a good time. I missed that group of guys, and I can't believe it'd been six months since we all got to hang out. I plan to make it more frequent. Side note: the staff of the Burlington location was top-notch.

Dinner menu: I had the Cowboy Burger (cheddar, apple smoked bacon, BBQ sauce and onion fries) medium well with french fries and a Cisco Grey Lady. What a good beer! Oddly spicy, and I didn't finish it, but I plan on getting it again soon, most likely when I head down to the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment