Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MQ 2014 - One: Gap Mountain

It was a sunny dry day, in the low 50's as I drove up to Troy, NH to hike Gap Mountain. It was kind of windy, and very muddy, with patches of snow on the ground and lots of running water. The hike was great. No one on the mountain at all, except for at the summit (a nice couple in their 20's and their dog Allie, taking professional-grade photos of the girl, who must have been a dancer with all of the bending and stretching she was doing). I took a few vista photos myself (including Mount Monadnock), and headed back down with the music of The Beatles, Duncan Sheik, and St. Etienne on my older iPod. I stopped at Kevin's on the way home, and ate Oreos (chocolate and vanilla inners) while we watched David Ortiz help beat the Rangers 4-2 with a 3-run homer in the bottom of the 8th inning.







No comments:

Post a Comment