Thursday, August 28, 2014

Comics - Waning Superpowers

Last week I trimmed my pull list for comics from both DC and Marvel.

I had taken a nearly two-year break from marvel when they decided to blend all of the heroes from the X-Men and Avengers, thus removing the uniqueness of each group. But "All-New X-Men" brought me back. Meanwhile, DC went all 'New 52' on the world, and after supporting the endeavor for over two years, I've had far too many titles cancelled out from under me to continue with a 'hope for the best' outlook.

I find it amazing that my total buys will consist of more titles from Dark Horse, Image, Dynamite, etc... than the Big Two. So:

DC:
  • Aquaman
  • Aquaman and the Others
  • Flash
  • All-Star Western (soon to be finished)
Marvel:
  • All-New X-Men
  • Amazing X-Men
  • Uncanny X-Men
  • Cyclops
The rest: Five Ghosts, Starlight, Flash Gordon, Low, Doc Savage, Astro City (DC, but not really), Star Wars (ending soon at Dark Horse, bought out by Marvel), Velvet, Eerie, Creepy, Black Science, and Dark Horse Comics Presents.

DC will (perhaps) get me back when there is a new "Legion of Super-Heroes" book, and when the JLA goes back to the icons. Marvel will have to use a sieve on the Avengers books to weed out most of the non-traditional members if they want my dollars back.

No comments:

Post a Comment