Saturday, September 19, 2015

Beach and Brewery and Bros

I decided to head up to New Hampshire to hang out with my old friends on a Friday night.

I left the house at 3 pm, and headed for Hampton Beach. The traffic was so bad on 495 North, that it took me two hours for what would normally be about a 75-minute drive. But once I hit the sand, and the salt air hit my nose, I didn't care anymore. I took a few photos (including one of "LEGO Ken" holding a 'Hi Miss K! ♥' flag, which I messaged to Karley), and then hung out in the surf for a half hour, swimming, floating, and just enjoying the feel (and taste) of the Atlantic Ocean.

At 6:15 I headed to the Red Hook Brewery to meet the guys for beer and food. First, I changed in the car, and then I went to the bathroom to wash the sunscreen and salt water off my hands and face. I got an ESB at the bar, and bought Erik a beer too when he walked in 2 minutes later. Brian showed up soon after, I snagged him a beer, and then we got a table. Chris showed up about 30 minutes later, and we all shared tortilla chips & salsa and some cheese quesadillas. Brian's girlfriend Jackie arrived later, and Rob soon after, and I had a crappy burger and chips, Brian got the mac & cheese, Erik snagged some buffalo tenders, and Chris got some nachos.

After we settled our bill, we all got in our various cars (minus Jackie), and drove over to Chris' 3rd-story apartment in Exeter. Brian & I walked to Gerry's Variety for beer, and then we all hung out til around one am, drinking beer, reminiscing about old times (Barnes & Noble, music, ex girlfriends, etc...).

I drove home with the stereo blasting either WXGR or my current favorite pop songs, and arrived home at 2:30 am, a very happy guy, for having spent an evening with 4 of my best friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment